To establish Dakota County as a leader in community development by advancing the skills of emerging leaders and inspiring them to serve their communities and organizations.
Goals of Leadership Dakota County
- To identify and recruit emerging leaders
- To develop and enhance leadership skills
- To motivate citizens to volunteer and lead
- To understand how Dakota County operates
- To improve working relationships
- To create a learning community
- To establish Dakota County as a 'leadership mecca'
- To encourage networking among participants during and after the program
- To see participants put their newly acquired leadership skills into action for the betterment of their communities